The Youth Council of Cambodia (YCC) is a registered non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization founded in December 2001. YCC is committed to its vision of a society in which youth are active stakeholders, working to strengthen democracy, human rights, economic development, the environment, public health, and gender equality in Cambodia. YCC works to foster greater participation amongst youth and to strengthen their capacity to participate in the community development, economic development and political process. YCC are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of project officer based in Phnom Penh with sometime traveling to other provinces. The salary range is 300-350$ in per month including accidence and provident fund.
Main Responsibilities and Purpose: Project Officer is to ensure the well-functioning of the project and quality delivery of project’s objectives and outcomes are running smooth, effective and efficiency.
- Prepare monthly work plan, quarterly work plan, the annual work plan and budget of the overall project implementation;
- Work closely with commune councilors, high school directors, universities and NGOs in order to provide capacity building of Advanced Democracy Seminar(ADS), Advocacy Skill, Public Speaking and Citizen’s Journalism to YCC youth networks;
- Work closely with YCC youth networks to promote the democracy reform process and mobilize the community resources in order to collect and address youth concerns and issues through commune monthly meetings, quarterly youth network meetings, NGO coordination platform meetings, dialogue meetings, public forums, petition drives, and youth conferences.
- Advocate with commune councilor and high school directors to provide quality of publicly service delivery to youth network and citizens.
- Keep track of project progressive against the project objectives through reviewing weekly, monthly and quarterly meeting on project implementation.
- Manage project expenditure and administrative works.
- Do weekend, monthly, quarterly, and annual project activity reports to executive director.
- Report regularly to executive director about activities and project outcomes.
- Other duties and tasks request by program manager
- At least two year experience in democracy, good governance, public service delivery, and working with youth
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, community development or relevant field
- Proficiency with project management
- Enable to work with team and individual
- Good comment in English
- Strong commitment
- Reliable and trustworthy person with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of computer systems and the computer programs - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong desire to learn and commit to his/her further development,
- Ability to work and be flexible.
- Honesty and Polite
- Good nature and decency
- Good communication
- Commitment to work for difficult tasks and hard working
- Can be flexible for work
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV and cover letter to us at YCC Office or via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the subject Project Officer by 17 August , 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for testing and interview. Women are highly encouraged to apply!
For more information, please contact us by phone number: 011 623 777; or visit YCC’s website: www.ycc.org.kh and Facebook page: www.facebook.com/yccngo