ycc-logo
Advocacy and Network

1. Youth Networks Capacity Building : YCC has been recruiting active ADS participants to be YCC youth networks. YCC has structured its youth networks on commune based in order to activate them to take the greater participation to address local youth concerns and to improve good governance practices in their respective communes. Having been trained under ADS program, youth networks have been participating in various local events such as submitting petitions letters on certain local youth issues to elected officials (commune councilors) and local authorities, participating in commune council monthly public meetings as well as in other events initiated by local institutions.

In any cases that the important legislation or government decisions impacting youth and democracy in Cambodia are being debated, YCC will mobilize youth activists, cultivated through its trainings and membership networks, to get involved with such a debate. YCC uses grassroots lobbying techniques, including letter writing campaigns and face to face meetings in order to deal and lobby with relevant stakeholders.

To make its youth network members performing their roles and responsibilities in more effective way, YCC plans to organize three different workshops for each target provinces to build capacity of youth network members. Through workshops, youth network members will be able to get new working knowledge, experience, practical skill, and information related to their roles and responsibilities from distinguish guest speakers and trainers

2. Matching Grant : Matching Grant is a fund for youth who actively participate in community services. This project aims at promoting and encouraging youth to better understand their roles and responsibility in community development activities such as democracy, good governance, respect of human rights, people’s participation through implementation of youth initiated projects funded by Matching Grant. Five young people (project team leaders) aged from 18 to 35 can request budget from YCC through this Matching Grant to develop their community. For each project, Matching Grant can provide on 75% or $ 100 of the total expenditure and the rest of 25% or $25, youth can raise by themselves.

3. Marching : Marching is a new initiative aimed at engaging the YCC youth network to raise public awareness on certain issues. This year, the marching will be simultaneously organized in the nine provinces on International Human Rights Day and International Youth Day. Each march will include at least 50 young people walking for a few kilometers in their communities. After reaching their destination, the marchers will have lunch (prepared on their own) and interact in debate or group discussion to share information, fun and knowledge. At least 900 young people will participate in marching.

4. Youth Puplic Forum: Prior to the start of the project, YCC’s provincial representative/Commune Youth Representative will identify the target communes for the project to be implemented. A meeting with the local authority of each target commune will be conducted in order to seek collaboration and support for the implementation of the project. The Commune Youth Representative Team will conduct a meeting with local people in order to gather local people's needs, concerns and issues to be addressed at the commune level. Twice a year the selected community youth network members will work in partnership with the commune councilors to discuss the concerns and issues of local people to jointly address their concerns at the monthly commune council meeting. Regular meetings with community youth network members and community youth representatives will be conducted to identify challenges and offer solutions to those challenges moving forward. The solvable and unsolvable issues will be recorded by the selected community youth network members each month after the meeting to be discussed at the semester forum. Semester forum will be conducted between the commune councilors and local citizens to present the solvable issues and discuss the unsolvable issues in order to jointly agree on solutions. The Commune Youth Public Forum will be conducted in two communes in each of the nine provinces.

5. Petition Drive